Well Forested

Things that go bumb in your head!

Well Forested

Postby hbyte » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:19 pm

The elvin lord took up the charge as the group - one elve, one dwarf, one human and a wolf neared the gorge that held the mighty rolling river that fed the endless forest realm of the Dark ones.

The gorge fell below them. The dwarf - Swornoff, dismounted from his mighty white stead and walked to the very edge peering over he could see emmense clouds below encircling the misty depths but he could not mistake the roar ofthe river beneath.

The human - Karrag stroked his moustache as he contemplated a way down or a pass that would take them into the hidden kingdom beyond.

"It issaid that the three kingdoms meet here and their combined magic is broiled in the mighty depths of this roaring chasm.",whispered the elve.

The man was not taken in by this claim, he beleived all magic to be in the mind.

"Yes this is true the three realms - that of the mighty plains that exist on the other side of this mighty chasm and contain many strange creatures large and insectlike that are said to take to the skys to devour any unwary travellers wishing to find there way into the forests realm beneath

"That way is not recomended

"A descent is surely not possible without certain death in the mighty river

"There is a fourth way - underground through the mines carved here by my ancestors long ago and yet they have long since been abandoned and most likely inhabited by some dank creation of these Dark lands

"Goblins."

"Yes undoubtedly"

"Is there a another way into realm of the Dark ones

"Ofcourse there is", groweled the wolf.

"Prey tell us Grundle"

Grundle spoke telepathicly and as he did he showed them the secret pass that his wolf kind had used over the centurys a path that zig zagged down the mighty gorge and inside the mountain ranges of the Alpha wizards - a cold and inhospitable region that completed the three realms. On the other side of the mountain pass they would emmerge on the plains on the other side of the gorge but not before enduring the freezing temperatures of the Wizards realm and suffering the hollow shreiks of the goblin hordes that routinly spilled out of the mountain to lash at any would be travellers.

"Seems we have no choice"

"I am sure of the way, if we can travel at night we will suffer less from the hordes who inhabitat daylight hours in all three realms."

"From the plains, if we can avoid the giant insect's death from above and searing heat of the desert we can swim through the Myriads abyss - a hidden underground lake that is as deep as it is long and from there we should emmerge in the hidden kingdom of the Dark ones.

Grundle licked himself as he contemplated the adventure

"I am ready are you, the dwarf turned to confront his old adversary but now friend Semiline - the Elvin Lord.

Semiline was deep in the transcendant thought

"He is praying. Seeking answers from beyond

"Ahh hogwash lets get to it, those wizards won't wait and my axe could do with some goblin blood"

Karag smiled as his hand gripped his long sword and his muscles tensed. "I too relish a good fight". He then relaxed and rested his head on his swords hilt as he contemplated the adventure ahead and stared amusingly at his companions.
hbyte
Site Admin

Return to Para Tech